PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incident in Kazakhstan
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2004, 18:29
Aksai Oiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eal401

I'm in Kazakhstan at the moment, and to say it's chaotic with the demise of Air Kazakhstan is an small understatement. I have to fly to Atyrau this week from Oral and getting a flight is not easy - the few flights we now have are very full.

Where we could once fly from Oral to Baku, Munich, Moscow, Astana, Aktau & Aytrau on a fairly regular basis, now everything is cancelled and the planes are parked. I will be very interested to see what Air Astana do, with their 3 B737 & 2 B757, or whether they have plans to operate any regional aircraft to do the thin runs. SCAT are trying to take up some of the slack, but also don't have a lot of capacity with their AN-24's.

To answer No Comment's quiey. From the rumors I know, AEU went to get their permission to fly to Oral but were told their licence was cancelled. The next day Air Astana started to fly from Schiphol. This caused a logistical nightmare as all the people for that flight had to get from London (where they were supposed to fly from with AEU) to Amsterdam. Since then Air Astana's timing has been lousy until the last couple of weeks. They have now changed the schedule so that they fly into Amsterdam early in the morning and the flight leaves back to Oral in evening.

Greetings from Aksai

Oiler