PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving away our airspace and jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2004, 15:34
Whipping Boy's SATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of points:

DFC - Its 12nm and not 3.

Balix - P18. Big argument gone around the buoy a few times. The customer also happens to be the military. Ever heard of the Joint & Integrated Concept? Personally, I think it is reprehensible for an operator to choose to take a greater risk and go "off route" to save money. Implemenetaion of the NEW-ABN route would cost a fortune (to the military). In case you forgot, you directly fund this organisation.

What do you mean by "decent RAS"? I suspect, from other comments on this Forum that some controllers (and regulators?)are misinterpreting the terms and conditions of a RAS. For example, Where exactly in MATS Pt 1 does it say that a controller IS to provide RAS traffic with standard separation of 5nm against unknown traffic. My understanding is that the phrase where possible is quite important. Let's not forget, RAS is an advisory service.

I think one thing we should all agree about is that it is a fine balance between providing a safe service against commercial/economic influence. I guess that is why the regulator has not been privatised.