PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leg cramp ... lingering pain...
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2004, 05:46
aviate1138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss Raptor said.......

"I went through several years of getting severe cramp in both several toes at once or my whole foot they would twitch and then literally point down at 45-60' from my leg...the pain was unbelievable and the spasm used to last about 4 minutes on average...leaving all the foot and/or toe muscles very painful afterwards as they had been stretched..."

Aviate 1138 says try this.....

Stand about 2-3 feet away from a wall, maybe a little further if you are tall. Keeping your feet flat on the floor, lean forward with your hands on the wall so that you feel the tendons on the back of your leg tighten up. Without unduly straining, lean even more forward so that the tendons are being stretched. Do this all slowly and allow about 30 seconds or so of tendon stretching. Push yourself away from the wall and stand upright. Relax. Repeat after another 30 seconds and move a little further away from the wall to stretch the tendons a little more. I have used this technique and have not had cramps for years. I also take a sachet of re-hydrating powder, Dioralite [ Boots Chemists] once a week to top up my trace elements and re-hydrate my fluid levels. It has helped many of my pals who used to get the leg cramps badly. In fact on any long distance flights I use 1 or 2 Dioralite sachets [add 200ml water] and it seems to work for me.

Aviate 1138