PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi mass exodus
Thread: bmi mass exodus
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2004, 01:58
Sleeve Wing

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
As a retiree, I've been reading this thread withh great interest.
I have to say that it's quite disheartening to read some of the rubbish that has been prevalent from certain quarters. Young Paul seems to be one of the few who has a comprehensive grasp of the situation.

Sure the airline is going through difficult times with the pressure of the LoCos to contend with. As with BA, BMI is having to make some very hard decisions allied to an almost complete change of tack.It is bound to cause unrest initially but have any of you lost your jobs yet ?

MDB, by inspired manipulation of the Company's business, (which, AC, included acquiring the first LHR slots ' cos he knew he'd need them), kept me in a job for twenty five years.
I admit I was not always pleased with the affect on my existence. In fact there were times when I was hopping mad but reality eventually calmed me down.
Unfortunately this has always been the nature of the business so you'd better get used to it.

BTW, the Viscounts (my first command) were not " grubby". They were a bloody good tool at the time when the nascent airline was finding its feet and needed reliability.
I'd put 'em against anything to get the pax safely into IOM at night in a SW gale

Rgds, Sleeve.