PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hot News - 5 Oxford Grads Gets Jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2004, 01:36
M.85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only thing i can say to that is Mike Taylor is a very kind man,I met him a few times when in modular outside and inside class(however we did occasionnaly fall asleep in his class..not because of partying too much but of the subject taught..DC/AC electrics..burk)
Anyways,the ground school was excellent and i would recommend it to anyone..i couldnt have hoped for better.
However,concerning the help for employement,oxford person is correct..modulares dont pay for carrer help but are given a regular news update via email..a few things upset me when it was written airlines look for quality not quantity..but who is there to judge on that..? anyways,i asked to stop getting that news email as it seemed to be aimed for integrated people more than others..and apart from kindly being invited to seminars and regular airline speech(as they do regularly around 6 pm,after class)...when one has graduated can not expect to be given a job by the spoon..youll be in the industry all by your own and will have only yourself to land an interview...
Concerning remarks about pprune website..i dont think the remarks are fair..its a great website for pilots who want to keep in touch with everyday events such as airlines hiring...
It was a great help to me as it kept me in the LOOP much more than their news letter did.

All the best to all,

M.85