PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO murdered in Zurich (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2004, 22:19
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Discovery Channel Program

Condolences to ALL concerned.
I read (for the first time) with interest through all the posts.
I pressume at least 80% is from ATC's themselves so esxcuse me if I say a bit one - sided. (I understand if you back your buddy) - I have also "killed" a pax before.

My point : I think it was Monday night - I saw a program on Discovery Channel (might be National Geographic).

Let me be honest - even I was "psyched up" after the program. Discovery Channel played judge and jury in that program condamming Skyguide and all the links that lead to the fatal mistakes made by them, and eventually the ATC and the pilot's.

All I am saying if I have lost a wife and 2 kids and saw this program (and have not too much to live for in a clapped out place) - I might have visited the ATC's address.

A lot of you know me (so I am not hiding behind a username) but I strongly suggest that you guys see the program as they clearly had inside info. It looked as if it was shot inside a Skyguide building.

But every detail was there - from the telephone system that the ATC gave permission to switch off to the main radar .. to the ATC next to him that went for a break and the screen he did not watch. ... and I do not say it is corrrect !

If it is a lot of duff gen Discovery channel (maybe Nat Geo) must take a lot of blame !!!

Once again ... if I was a disturbed person nothing to live for after loosing a family - who knows - the thought of visiting his address might have crossed my mind as well.

PS: Where can I read more about TCAS procedures as I know nothing about it. MUST you follow what it shouts at you above any ATC command ?

Sorry I am not English - hope it makes sence what I am trying to say.

RIP all.

God Bless you all that remains behind flying and gaurding the skies...