PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panic Attacks ATPL
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2004, 22:16
MikeLewis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello JG1,

If you had stayed in IT, I guarantee you’d be sat at a desk right now thinking, “I wish I’d become a pilot when I had the opportunity”. It sounds like you’re a bit downhearted with it all at the moment but every Job/Career has its off periods. I think I’m right in thinking that you still have the same love for flying that you made you leave IT and become a pilot in the first place. If that is the case, then surely it’s your current job rather than career that’s the problem. Ok, I can guess what you’re going to say next. There are very few jobs to go for at the moment and there must be 100’s (1000’s?) of pilots looking for work. But the current downturn in the market won’t last forever. Also, when new jobs do become available surely people like yourself will have the pick of the bunch as you have the experience?

Don’t reminisce about how good IT was and wonder if you’d have been happier staying in that career. You wouldn’t have been. At the end of the day, there would always have been that nagging, in the back of your head, telling you that this job wasn’t your number one choice. Believe me I know, I get the same feeling everyday.