PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi mass exodus
Thread: bmi mass exodus
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2004, 20:24
Red 69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young Paul

Shows you don't really have a clue what's going on. Two of the 3 private shareholders have been trying to offload their shares for many years but are constantly frustrated by the other, who keeps moving the goalposts. This is a pilots forum (as the title suggests) and I don't know of one happy or contented pilot within bmi at the moment. People in other areas may be happy but I can assure you the pilots aren't. Most of the pilots I know talk of the wish to leave for a company that respects and treats them better. Virgin being the most talked about. Unfortunately though not everybody can afford to leave because of having to change seats or because of family ties.

All it would take is a change of attitude and management style to bring back what was once a very happy and loyal workforce. It's ok thinking that it doesn't matter that people are leaving in droves because there are plenty more waiting to take their places. The trouble with this is that you lose your experience base which in turn can have serious safety implications.

That's my contribution!