PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night engine out auto: video link
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2004, 19:29
flygunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woolf
Thanks for the constructive reply, I defer to your knowledge about the intercom recording and withdraw my remarks about the apparent silence form the handling Pilot.
Harsh or not though, my criticisms are based on what the video has revealed and I stand by my observations. I listened again to the final part and still think it's Flare thats shouted.

Your point regarding Situational Awareness is, like mine, subjective and I believe that for short periods in the descent SA was lost. I base that solely on the definition of SA:

'The accurate perception of the factors and conditions affecting the aircraft and aircrew during a specific period'

There are two side issues to this post. Firstly, had the outcome been anything but minor injuries then I wouldn't have posted but as I see it, this video raises a host of handling and CRM issues and If just one young Pilot learns something from this debate then it's worth it.
Secondly, I think that the release of this video into the public domain presumably during the FAA investigation, is at best insensitive to the crew and at worst a complete lack of managerial judgement.