PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Ryanair cutting corners on safety, would the Professiona Pilots here pax with it?
Old 26th Feb 2004, 18:04
Coconuts

Question Are Ryanair cutting corners on safety, would the Professional Pilots here pax with it

Okay I've pussyfooted around with this on the main forum to no avail but I think as a pax, & one that is scheduled to take a few flights with FR soon I've a right to know if there's any valid basis to all these rumours going the rounds. Personally for me the idea about pax loading their own luggage into the hold that FR has been bandying around leads me to think that there are more than one or two that are nuttier than a fruitcake working for that establishment.

I believe as a pax I've a right to know if an airline I fly with is engaged in shoddy safety practices. Or are all these accusations mere unbased rumour & innunedo being thrown around without any credence of fact because many are envious of FR's success & want to discredit the airline & resent the competition & downgrading of fares hence profits that FR has initiated??

I would be grateful before any of you start throwing accusations at FR that you back it up with fact lest it turns into the usual unbackable, unbased, airy fairy mudslinging.

How can I be more direct than that, now lets get down to the nitty gritty!

Regards

Coco