PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insurance while flying training - travel, life. etc.
Old 26th Feb 2004, 17:30
orangesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life insurance while CPL training

hello

i have had a look at previous posts on this topic particularly in the private flying forum, but none of them seem to cover off my specific question ....

i will shortly be resigning from a job which provides me with free life insurance while i am employed by them, which i wont be in a couple of months time when i resign to begin full time CPL/IR training.

owning a house with a mortgage, means i need to have some life cover at all times, but which ?? i dont think it would be right to take out a "normal" life cover policy, with aviation (sub 100 hrs/year) as a specified risk knowing full well, that my intention is to fly commercially as soon as i can. the other option would be to get a "commercial pilots life insurance policy", but then i would be paying premiums for a risk i wouldnt be exposing myself to, at this stage.

surely there must have been many people in a similar position to me, anyone care to share what they have done ?

thanks