PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employment
Thread: Employment
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2004, 10:51
Hornet_26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Employment

I am after some advise on searching for a job within the aviation industry. I know this topic has come up a lot, so if you want to reply do so and if you dont please dont bother annoying me.

I finished school and went straight to the military, once the money started to come in I had the chance to start my dream of becoming a pilot. Anyway I left the military to study aviation at university and to finish CPL etc.

University was a good option for myself as I had not finished Year 11 and 12. I have now finished that university course and have a CPL/MECIR/FI Gr3.

At the moment I am still in Victoria but I am really not sure if this is a wise choice. I would like to travel to look for work but since I just finished university the money bags are drained.

I have had a few jobs and have got these jobs through the usual advert/interview means. It is therefore weird for me when I have been approaching operators for work when they dont advertise.

As I am in my mid to late twenty's I feel that I would be more settled in one particular company than a younger person, not sure if true. I also have a trade qualification, does this help in anyway (Electronics not aviation)

My dream would be to work for a company that does both flying training and scenic/charter. This is probably the dream of everyone though!

So I would just like some constructive comments on how, where to look for work and most imortantly what to say when I walk in the door (First impressions).

If I dont travel is it still wise to send off a heap of resumes with cover letters individually addressed to the CFI/CP of each company? I suppose you never know your luck!

Any help is appreciated