PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - noise campaigners-the right to moan?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2004, 10:38
cortilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay gang i'm seriously getting narked by HACAN. I would like to send an informed email to Mr Stuart pointing out the flaws in his argument which i hope he has the cojones to publish on his website.

I've had a good look on the website and paid particular attention to his sources of his information. I'm a uni student at the moment and i got told from day one that we need at least one separate source for every 200 words in a piece of coursework. The Hacan website mainly uses two for their entire speil. This i my opinion is just plain wrong, and as i said before i believe that these are too few sources to base an entire argument. On a similar vein why is it always the complaining few that always make the headlines.

Aviation is here to stay. Hell i live 5 miles from East Mids and i can hear the turboprops spooling up at night (with the right wind conditions) preparing for take off. However it is a price i am very willing to pay for the freedom of getting lobster (i wish) at the local restaurant, and sending my grandmother (who lives on the continent) a birthday card one day before her birthday and still making sure she gets it on time. If i can be provided the information, i will provide a clear and educated argument to hacan and to any press that is willing to listen to why the basic argument is flawed. I know JERRICHO and FLIGHTMAPPING are up for it so why don't you guys PM me (or anyone else with a reasonable argument which can be backed up by proper data) with any info and arguments you have and i'll formulate it into an educated debate, perhaps i could even get enough info to write my dissertation on it (doing a degree in air transport management). Hell i'm a student it's not like i have anything better things to do in life. And like i said i'll formulate it into a proper argument.

I don't expect the nimby's will take much notice, but perhaps it will give them grounds to think and perhaps reasses their arguments. Perhaps we could have a reasonable and informed debate without the standard slagging match that usually ensues.

I agree that everyone has the right to a certain quality of life, but comprimises must always be made in whatever field you are looking at. I can't guarentee it will work, but if we can get even one nimby to take stcok and think about it then it'll be worth it.