PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA 777 Eng Failure
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2004, 07:21
av8boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
31 Jan 01-- Melbourne-- 777-300 A6-EMM-- "Failure of the RB211 Trent 892 engine as fitted to the aircraft was a result of the release of a single blade from the low-pressure compressor (fan) rotor disk. "

Yup. See... that's why I put the little smilike winkie guy next to it. Like . Supposed to imply that I may be employing the rhetorical trope of irony, or perhaps hyperbole. It's like I'm being witty, but since I'm an American, I have to put the little simlie winkie guy there so you know that I don't mean it literally, because everybody knows we Americans don't get irony or hyperbole... . (See. There it is again!).

Since you can't see my facial expressions (which would be like this right now), and since your ribs are too far away from my elbow for me to give you a "nudge-nudge," I've gone ahead and decided on as the universal substitute. If I've chosen an improper smiley, please find me another. I prefer subtle and tasteful. Just like all of us Americans (See? I did it again! It's like a kind of a JOKE thing!)

Dave