PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V&A in court bid to keep Huey chopper on the ground
Old 26th Feb 2004, 01:16
George Tower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done the Huey

Watching this saga from a distance I can only say well done to the Huey guys. In spite of all the adversity you have pulled through and been vindicated in court.

The reporting in the Cape Times is still very anti the Huey in it's tone. The subtext of the article still alleges wrong doing. I find the attitude of the V & A Waterfront bizarre in the extreme.

Surely they should be encouraging enterprises like the Huey that are unique in order to maintain Cape Town's place in the global tourist market. However I recall about a year ago a report came out saying that the Century City complex had achieved better sales than the Waterfront (or something to that extent) and I remember hearing the V & A spokeswoman on the TV dismiss it with such arrogance and contempt that I could barely believe it. Pride normally goes before a fall and one can only assume that the V & A's strange attitude towards the Huey comes from some sort of corrupt relationship they have with the Huey's failing competition.