PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - noise campaigners-the right to moan?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2004, 19:49
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cort, unfortunately the dealings I have had with "rent-a-mob" from HACAN and various others never leads to intelligent discussion. As I have said, I respect those such as SLF3, and others who have taken the time to, in an adult manner, discus proposals and intelligent exchange of ideas. This doesn't seem to be in the HACAN dictionary.

I laughed so hard last year when an anti-noise billboard on a trailer was placed on a roundabout next to a service station just up from Sipson. SOMEBODY too exception to what was on it an vandalised it. People were up in arms, and rumours were that the perpertators of the vandalisation were wearing BAA reflective jackets, therefore it must have been a covert attempt by the airport to remove it. BAA reflective jackets..........wonder what percentage of the population living in the Sipson, Harmondsworth, Staines, West Drayton (etc) have been issued these jackets? But no, it definately was a black op by the airport.

And I know I am nit-picking, but (OK, it's got a hole in it at the moment), but Heathrow already has 3 runways. Little oversight that always makes me smile.