PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Instructor or Airline Pilot????
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2004, 16:28
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys - thank you for all your reply's they are superb.

I don't want anyone to think that I have something against the hour building pilots who instruct for a while - I have a lot of respect for anyone flying whatever they do and have nothing whatsoever against anybody doing this.

I think at first it is a lot of peoples dreams to fly the airlines but over time and after being a member here, I have realised that the route to airline pilot is impossible if you do not have a lot of money to train yourself. The job opportunities simply aren't there.

I think in time I probably could do all the training but it would take a long time. What's more is that no matter what job you are in - it will always become routine and different to when you first started - every single job has it's drawbacks but I would rather have drawbacks doing what I love, than sitting at this desk I'm at now.

I think instructing part-time would be brilliant. It would cure my bug for flying and I would still be able to fly privately after all - it's not all teaching lazy students ! Working full time in IT would leave my weekends/evenings free (I hope) to go flying and earn some more money (however low the wage is).

Best of luck everyone and I hope you land the airline jobs.

Lee