PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Training - My Experiences
Old 25th Feb 2004, 12:21
Bodum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sky Babe..Lots of people in Qantas Longhaul understand how you feel. There is something like 850 (maybe more) waiting to transfer to shorthaul along with god knows how many regional crew, and the company still employs externally direct into shorthaul, allbeit at the moment casual positions working for a contractor. It took me almost 5 years to achieve a transfer into the shorthaul division...very slow...

Things may change though. We are in the middle of a major restructure and some shorthaulers are going longhaul, cause there worried we will lose alot of flying soon. I am quite happy in shorthaul, but did wait almost 5 years for my transfer so hang in there babes, and stay positive yeah Sounds like you love your job

And back to the topic....Great post, would love to hear Eddy how your flying is going, your experience with the types you fly on and what you fly on, etc. For example..At Qantas Shorthaul we are endorsed on 733/734/738. 762/763/763B-leased from BA. A330-200/A330-300. So when EPs comes around there is lots to remember, especially all the different evacuation commands for different doors...

Anyways...good luck to you Eddy and hi to all