PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 25th Feb 2004, 07:00
Elena_Romania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates Open Day

Hi everybody!

I attended the Dubai open Day on the 6th of November 2003. I am Romanian and i travelled all the way just to go for that thing, which i tought will be a reall interview. At that time, i was not aware that forums like this existed, and i had no information about how the Open days were. So, i took the chance and went to Dubai, spent 2000 dollars on the plane ticket and hotel , and when the day of the interview came i was just shoked to see more than 1000 people waiting there. I have waited 2 hours just to get it.
We were selected according to our Dubai visa. I was on a visit visa, hence i went toghether with the other ones travelling from abroad .

There were 3 selection steps and after each one, people were being sent home. First they mesured and weighted us.. and many were sent home. Then they took our cvs.. and again many were sent home.. then they put us in a room in groop of 12 to give the written english test. I got till this one. The test was relativelly easy. Just comprehension questions and an essey ( IF you had the chance to have dinner with a famous person - living one- which would that be and why?). I was the scond one in my grup to finish the test, as i found it eassy enough. I handed out the test paper and I was told that we will be adiveced is succesful but they did not have any date!!!!!! I went out and waited more to see what was happening.. talk with other people and found nobody that got a diffrent answer. Everybody was sent home to wait.
I stayed 2 more days in Dubai but no phone call. Had to go back to Romania and did not get anything from them till 13 of December. The letter i got was a computer gerated one as follows:

"Thank you for your recent contact, seeking employment with the Emirates Group.

We will consider your application for current opportunities in competition with other candidates and should a suitable position be identified within six weeks, we will be in contact with you to discuss the next stages in our recruitment process. If you do not receive an invitation from us for an interview within 6 weeks please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion , or that we currently have no suitable opportunities to consider you for.

We request that if you have not applied on-line as a new applicant at www.emiratesgroupcareers.com can you complete our On-line Application Form when you are able to or we will not be able to consider you for future positions when searching our Database for suitable candidates.

Thank you again for contacting Emirates Group

Yours sincerely,

Recruitment Manager
EMIRATES GROUP "

I guess this means i was not sucesfull! why they did not send me a rejection letter then??? And i doubt there was any problem with my english test. I JUST KNOW IT WAS OK. And if i made it till the english test i suppose i was qualified enough, right?
Anyway, some people told me that they are just waiting for a romanian screening day or a nearby location in order to contact me. I hope it will be like this. And one more thing!! When u attend an open day, if you are unsuccesfull, they block you online application so that you cannot update it?? I've seen some posts with people saying so. My online application is ok, i updated it many times after .

DOES ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AS MINE? IF YES, PLEASE REPLY, AS I WANT TO UNDERSTAND AND FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO NEXT.

Thank you all .