PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Downwind turns equal disaster??
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2004, 06:55
imabell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thank you nick, it sure gets frustrating reading some of these posts and makes you wonder what goes on in helicopter theory classes.

there are also a few flying instructors around that have such a distorted view of helicopter aerodynamics and physics that they don't give a lot of the greener pilots a proper perspective of the helicopters true capabilities. this fact is demonstrated in this forum by the majority of aerodynamic questions asked by licenced pilots (?) and a lot of the answers put forward.

hey, i certainly don't mean any disrespect to any one and it does take some experience to understand that a helicopter will do anything you ask of it as long as you keep within the performance limits imposed on it.

basic questions get asked and should be answered basically but most times they get muddied and go off at a tangent distorting the original question making it pretty impossible for the questioner to fathom. it's not rocket science, helicopters work aerodynamically today exactly the same way they did when they were invented.

i will add that when i did my training all those years ago we did practical training and very little theory, what theory i did do was more operational stuff, air law etc. i learnt the theory much later.

i would have thought that by today that the game would have been lifted.