PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - very quick question
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2004, 05:41
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
empty pockets

I see exactly what you are saying and agree 'value for money' should be your goal, but again, make sure you take everything into account when deciding what constitutes value for money.

I think dreamingA380 has pointed out one of the pitfalls. I know people in a similar situation, one of whom has spent the best part of 8 years now since starting training and only in the last 6 months has he been fully qualified and actively seeking his first UK based airline position. He went to Canada as it was so cheap and the rest has cost him more than I spent doing it all here in the first place. Plus I did it 'modular' (the old variety of it anyway!) in 2 years.

The other point you mention is wanting to go somewhere warmer to use it. Again, be careful. You need to have right of abode to work in many parts of the world and it is not particularly easy with many countries to get that on a permanent basis. Just be aware of the requirements before getting 'their' licence.

The option of US based JAR training sounds pretty good at current rates, trick would be to tie them into a deal right now and change your cash whilst the rates are so good, but don't whatever you do hand it all over in a oner!

Best wishes with it though.

PP