PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA in the west country
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2004, 04:32
paulsstrange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... I think Bristol has an excellant chance for a daily CO flight to Newark using a 752 within the next 18 months or so. You have the west country and wales and of course Bristol/Bath etc for a start who would make great use of a local flight across the pond.

However after BHX lost AA daily to Chicago, this mainly due to 9-11 , I beleive PAX on the ORD-BHX was pretty good ( CO recentry added 2nd daily BHX-Newark due to transatlantic demand + now we hopefully have Flyblu on thw way! ), AA's BHX-ORD operated for 6 years or more prior to 9-11 - of course I stand corrected if im wrong, but I feel if AA were to add a new English destination outside MAN and London it would be BHX for a few reasons including a larger population and business catchment area in the Midlands, not to mention more connections and transatting passengers etc etc + AA would be comfortable at BHX-T2 with BA and now Duo where they were before. AA would also link up with BA routes for connections etc etc....of course I could be wrong and BRS may have something up there sleeves...... ???

Personally I think NCL and BRS will both get daily CO 752's within the next 3 years or so - and they will both be successfull, but I doubt AA will expand outside of MAN,GLA and London airports ( not even BHX im afraid !! ) for a long while yet : (