PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Downwind turns equal disaster??
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2004, 08:08
overpitched

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just been rereading this thread and scratching my head.

From what a lot of you guys are telling me. Once I leave the ground I can manouver at will, upwind, downwind, crosswind, as slow or as fast as I like and it's not going to affect my aircrafts performance AT ALL ( don't tell me "maybe just a little bit" "hardly so you would notice"... I'm talking science..it either exists or it doesn't) as long as I don't look at the ground because I am part of the air, part of the sky, its all one etc etc...... then

the same people tell me I will however have a problem with wind shear, mountain waves, bumps, eddies, rubber duckies etc....

Now make up your minds. Am I one with the wind or not. You can't have it both ways. If my inertia no longer exists(relative to the Earth) because I'm flying well then it doesn't exist. You can't say .. well it's not there if you turn the aircraft , but if the wind turns you could be in deep do do

And at this point I'm not interested in how the aircraft does or doesn't behave I want to know the scientific law, the rule, the principal, thought out and handed down by some musty old fella with a long white beard in some recent or not so recent time in history.

Anybody help???