PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - noise campaigners-the right to moan?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2004, 05:54
Bletchley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrodent

So where exactly would you send people to catch an airplane?

Somebody else's city? If so which one? What about the people there or don't they count?

How would we all get to Paris?

So having moved LHR out into the 'sticks' somewhere, how do you get there?

Oh I know ! by train?, by road?

So lets build a few more eh?.

In deciding where we like to live we have to take many pragmatic decisions, including noise. I don't like the noise from the traffic where I live but I have to accept that if I want good transport and road links I need to live near them.

I chose not to live near to Birmingham International airport, but had I done so it would have been in the knowledge that aircraft actually fly from there.

Environmental noise is something that we all now have to accept, not all of us like it but then that's life.

I believe this forum started off life as a question about people who MOVE to a location near to an airport and then complain.

I feel sorry for the people who have had to live with an airport increasing its traffic, however there are economic benefits to the Country which is why Frankfurt, Schipol and Paris would so like to gain much more International traffic from LHR.

There is no simple answer to the problem of noise and your comments about the people who post here suggest more about your approach than I can say.

Not everyone here is young (which seems to worry you for some reason), I certainly am not, or are worried about their jobs (I for example don't work in the air transport Industry).

Please feel free to Post replies but please do not be offensive and if you are going to quote statistics then make sure they are real and can be validated. It does help.

To the rest of you, apologies for the very long reply.