PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA .... cutting the angry mob off at the pass....
Old 24th Feb 2004, 04:26
blueloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...Bonvol...I would assume though that the AIPA comm is buying time by putting the briefings on? It effectively means the members can't cast a binding to vote to a) force comm members to resign or b) find out who voted which way in the secret ballot or c) show some guts and stand up for the members- and vote the way they should have based on the last SGM...
(amongst the multitude of issues etc)

As i see it, we still need to organise an SGM so that we have voting power.......not just be participants in a briefing which will be no doubt full of false and never to be filled promises.

The rumour I heard for Sofitel Trade off, was the cost differential between the rooms of Hilton @ $2 more per person. So I think what has been put forward is that we pay $2 from our allowance each time we stay there........

$2 is No big deal I guess - but where do we draw the line - are we eventually going to pay for our accomodation every time the company decides to put us up in a reduced standard hotel.....?

Of course this last part is only a rumour........ so if anyone has the facts do tell....cause the Union isnt.