PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa incident in 2000
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2004, 04:07
EasyBaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like Lufthansa to me, i was on a flight back from Phillidelphia to Frankfurt when we boarded the aircraft as normal, pushed back from the gate and began taxing. Thats where our flight stopped.............for over four hours!

Within a few minutes of stopping all the engines were stopped and the lights went out. As you can imagine everyone was not only confused but frightened (this is only a few months after 9/11) Many moons passed, the crew nowhere to be seen, it was finally explained that due to thunderstorms the flight would be indefinetly delayed. During this time the crew only once passed through the cabin, did no service, or offer anyone blankets (it was very cold) nor did they let anyone move about in the cabin!

Since then i have refused to travel with Lufthansa, not that the weather could be blamed but the cold treatment by staff and lack of information was appaling, im only to aware of us pax being SLF but on that day we really were! That and other things about lufthansa have left a bad taste in my mouth.