PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - noise campaigners-the right to moan?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2004, 02:01
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrodent before we continue, would you be so kind to please answer a question that has been asked here a couple of times already:

"Have you taken a flight ANYWHERE in the past year, and if so, where from and where to?"

The points you mention:

rejected by many expert economics academics speaking from positions of impartiality
And is supported by how many "expert economic academics" both of impartial positions and from within the industry? As we all know, statistics can be made to say whatever you want them to say.

you have to be very stupid indeed not to appreciate how millions of Londoners of all ages, sexes, economic categories, etc. etc. are massively pissed off
Or very stupid to believe the contary to this, as per your argument above. And very stupid not to consider the number of Londoners that use the airport for both travel and work (hence my question above).

Clearly it would be far better if someone flying from Edinburgh to Tokyo changed planes in Paris rather than London
So, you subscribe to the NIMBY song sheet as well.

Fourth: only a complete cretin likes the sounds of aircraft roaring overhead at 6 am on a weekend morning
Just as much as myself, being a shiftworker, loves to hear trains blasting along at 0430 , or mowing of grass when I have just come off a night shift, or listening to fireworks around Bonfire night. An earlier poster mentioned noise is a part of our society now. And when you live in such a huge density population area such a London........I'll let you do the math.

I'm sure your use of words like "cretin", "very stupid", "baby-talk" really just goes to show that you're not really prepared to enter in to an adult conversation about this, discussing theoretical proposals (aside from NIMBY) aside from those that have been listed already and are incorporated into ATC procedures. Unfortunately there was only one person using baby talk here...........that would be you!