PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Award
Thread: GA Award
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2004, 18:28
nungry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, I'm going to batten down the hatches and make sure my arrow resistent shields are in good order with this, but if it does happen, and for other states as well, join the union!!! Look, I vote Liberal and am anti some Irish bloke fronting something like the AWU, so obviously all in all a non-union man mysef, but I can't see the point in being all for an award which backs us GA pilots, unless you are supporting the team that backs the award, visa vie the AFAP Union. These guys are actually pilots and go into to bat for you if you feel you need them. They have all been there, and know what its like to bust your arse in GA.
I joined them whilst not feeling so secure in the job I'm in, but ever since then, when any conflicting issue arises, all I do is mention that "I'll have to check that out in the award that my union sent me and get back to you". Never have I had to get back to them. Mention those magic words and life for me is not a problem. Seriously guys, this is not a recruitment drive by any means, just my extremely, and surprisingly good experience I have had by being a member. They also offer the Loss of Licence insurance, which under the award, is covered by your employer, which is another fantastic bonus.
Before any sceptics jump in, research it as I did, as I was a major sceptic also, but it will only benefit everyone out there, and eventually we will one day get paid a half decent wage.