PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Training - My Experiences
Old 23rd Feb 2004, 17:58
Floaty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil welcome back i'd say!

Mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhh........ can't even leave this country without getting bashed by fellow PPruNers during my absence! Oh great oh great!

First of all, thanks 121 for your comment. I am a little sceptical about the "no redundancy after 911" fact coz I know abt crew at work who got made redundant by BA at that time and returned to work for us afterwards. I haven't seen any paperwork so I have no proof and the reason for his redundancy could be different from what he stated, although this would surprise me. Never mind, I can't find out what the truth is so no point insisting.

To BABoi and Skybabe75 I wish to say "reconsider your attitude". This is an aviation forum (Rumors Network being part of its name) where people are entitled to different opinions. I also would like to remind you about the comment at the end of EACH webpage you are currently reading: "As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions".
I have asked questions about BA and clearly expressed a serious doubt about the fairness of the company's recruitment and promotion system. Obviously by doing so I was looking for comments, reactions and clarifications.

Much less politically speaking: Skybabe you mention in a previous reply that you are a rather disappointed in the system. You are flying short-haul and do not speak a foreign language, you have previous experience and have been waiting to be promoted to long-haul for a while if I understand well. So... don't you feel frustrated to see that the company -you so proudly defend- offers L-H permanent contracts to newbies??? C'mon! Be honest! When you do the hard work you want something in return! This is as old as the world! You must be upset about all this, spit it out! Stop playing the interview candidate, this is your future, it's YOU, not the group, not the airline... they chose somebody else rather than you despite the fact you've been giving yourself, your energy, your hope, your trust and your heart to the job... and now? Now you get nothing and you sit and watch other people taking what you always wanted... Oh! But yes, BA service is much better than charter service... I hope it makes your day!

But hey! Be reassured, there is worse than your case: GB airways! They dress like you, fly your same colours, play the BA bunch but basically they gotta resign before they can apply with BA... Sounds great innit?

Finally... Why is it you guys use this website to defend your employer as if it was the greatest in the world? BA is not much better than my employer or whoever's employer! We all bitch and whinge about our job, our salary, our colleagues and pax... it's HUMAN and there must be a reason! We all do that at the pub, in the crew room, in the galley... So why do you adopt that soccer's fan club type of attitude once on PpruNe? Be yourself, quit saying "we, the bunch at BA"... We're not at college anymore! You guys have been absorbed by the role and have lost your ability to think as individuals... I just think it is sad... Remember that behind your promotion system, your pay scale and even your choice of crew food there are INDIVIDUALS who fought and still fight for your rights because they believe things are not quite right as they are!

Good luck to you all, new and "old" staff.

Floaty