PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - the next step
Thread: the next step
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2004, 14:47
razzele

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Alby

Im sure you and alot of other people including myself are thinking these exact thoughts!

where to go....?

This is my two pence worth;-

I think its worth waiting to see how the market is when you have all the correct pieces of paper. Then bombard with CV.

Those first officer programmes do offer an "easy" way if you have the money.However, I am also sure that as you said it will bring an element of doubt concerning your strength of character. Those airline interviews will be hard enough without handing them rocks to throw at you.

The CFI decision is a matter of personal chioce .. of course it will build your hours but it will take some time. Plus the time will be hard, but it is the next natural step. Also when the market is bad it is a way to keep your eye in the game.

I dont think that timebuilding would be sufficient, as u said Hairyben aviator is effectively $6000 for 50hrs ME P1. Unless you and some collegues club together and buy an aircraft, that would be more cost effective.

I wish I had the answers to these questions.. im sure the correct answer would be worth substantially more than 2 pence! maybe even enough for a type rating!

If anyone does think this post warrants a type rating airbus is fine by me!

all the best

Last edited by razzele; 23rd Feb 2004 at 15:02.