PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates DECs
Thread: Emirates DECs
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2004, 14:29
Bo Jingly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canuck, what are you talking about. At least if you've got a gun in the car you can do something about some arse that accelerates up to your rear view mirror, then threatens your family by driving by in the emergency lane. "Pop a cap in his mother F'rkin arse!"

I agree that the lifestyle is good Fish, but there are people out there who would have the lifestyle in their home countries if there were jobs around. The fact is, there aren't, and we're all stuck here. I think we all need to realise that the Company doesn't really care about 'you, the individual', who came here to further your career.

As for 'money isn't everything': well, what it does give you is a CHOICE. I think most expats are here to make cash and go, and to do that, people came here with a plan. If costs rise and the salary stays the same, then things take a lot longer to happen. Fish, I think you'd be the first to admit that if you had the cash, you'd be gone tomorrow.

Again, it's a shame that people aren't made to feel valued. We are VERY poor at doing that. And do you know what, it wouldn't cost a thing to change it