PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever flew with Royal Aero Club Of WA?
Old 22nd Feb 2004, 13:09
Continental-520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Majority speaks for itself

Azimuth,

Mate, roughly 66% of my class didn't finish the course due to running grossly over budget, and therefore roughly 66% obviously didn't get jobs, not that getting one was part of the deal, but one still expects to be in the running to look for one after spending that kind of money.

Now, if you're telling me that 66% of the class weren't "up to standard", then it seems a little like you're saying that 66% of people are stupid. I think this is more pointing towards a deficiency in the teaching method(s) amongst SOME (not all) of the instructors there when the majority of the class comes out incomplete.

Incidentally, it was not spelled out to me/us when we went for the intro seminar and bought into it. Since my course year, they have modified the quote (increase, of course) and changed/added to the fine print. How convenient. They're as good as bum covering as teaching people how to fly, it seems.

You can still rip people off without the intent to do so, mate.

And then, the big sign on Hope Rd with a B744 taking off accompanied by the caption "A career that really takes you places",... yeah, sure, I wonder where it took those who were not as fortunate as me in their circumstance. I'd start by suggesting the Centrelink office.