PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Rent-a-Mob
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2002, 17:49
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pirate, with a name like that you must be related to MO'L!

Most of your points are sufficiently debatable as to raise an eyebrow. If what you wrote in your post is all you can see about Ryanair, then you're either wearing blinkers, or you belong to the "If he makes money he must be a good person" camp.

A few other very widely-spread allegations that have been made against Ryanair:-<ul type="square">[*]They charge all crew for uniforms. The allegation as I heard it was that the charge is more than the uniform costs[*]Ryanair's advertising is deliberately misleading ("Low fares, every day, every flight")[*]Ryanair hides charges which other airlines make public (e.g. £28 to destination - oh - sorry - didn't we tell you that the flight back is £150?)[*]Ryanair's attitude to Pilot Unions - artificially inflate the numbers of pilots on your payroll thus making a ballot require more votes than the law says to be passed - threatening union members with the sack - sacking the Union organiser - refusing to co-operate in the least degree with a respected and well-established professional union - etc etc.[*]Encouraging such a climate of fear within the airline that safety concerns receive a back seat and that people raising safety worries are labelled "troublemakers" and legitimate concerns are ignored[*]Recruitment policy - nuff said[/list]It goes on and on. I make no specific warranty as to the truth of any of the above. However, I have heard enough of these from enough different sources that I have little difficulty in believing the background to them.