PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascoteers Multiple Choice
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2004, 20:01
Army Mover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reichmann,

I can understand you developing an inherent dislike of some movers - after all it must be unusual for someone to get on with everybody. I know for a fact that some of the RAF movers had a similar regard for some of the aircrew they had to work with. Me, I don't think I ever had a cross word from any RAF guy in 24 years service (until here - thank you !!!) - mind you, there was an RAF Police Corporal that was unfortunate enough to give me a mouthfull once .............. (he, he ,he). I just used to cop the passengers after you and your colleagues had finished with them (think back to your story from Brize eh).

What I think this demonstrates is that there is wide spectrum of human flotsam working in all of three services, some good, some indifferent and some dreadful. I now work outside and I'll tell you a little story from my recent past - a large NHS Trust were consistently failing to produce the goods, to the extent where the HSE were about to get all excited. At the meeting with the Chief Exectutive of the Trust, she apologised to all and explained that "all of her brain surgeons were busy doing brain surgery and weren't available for other tasks".

Anyway, thank you for your time - I may take Impiger's advice and post my question in a new thread. Next time you bump into a Mover, just think of "Brain Surgery".

To the moderator - I apologise for disrupting your thread.

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.