PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone knows what happed to BAE Systems
Old 21st Feb 2004, 19:10
jimbojetset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to muddy the waters a little more....

The comments being made about self sponsored student being pushed out seem a little unfair to say the least. I admit I left over a year ago, but I completed my course there where the majority of my class were airline sponsored. There was no preferential treatment that I saw at all. I finished slightly late due to weather, but didnt pay any extra accomodation. When it came to the IR, there was obviously going to be a problem with students being ready to fit the slots with the examiner (as he comes from the UK for a week or so) so the solution was.... to delay the airline cadets and put all the self sponsored through.

I'm not saying there were no problems, but by speaking to the management about them (which I, and other colleagues did) they were sorted, or at least a compromise met.

As for the Airline contracts... well there are few out there at all, or the ones that are are not for many students (bar the easy/ctc scheme) at the moment. This merely reflects the market. Pre 9/11 BAE had BA, Aer Lingus, Mytravel, Brittania doing JOC (who have students there now I think), Air Malta and the GAPAN student. All in all not a bad array. How things will pan out in the future I cannot say, or even how they have changed in the last year. The one thing I can say is that while I was there, it was good, in fact I would say great. I have no regrets about going there and in fact, given the chance would go again!

p.s before the obvious accusations, I have absolutely no affiliation with Jerez.