PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Forsyth resigns, NAS where to from here?
Old 21st Feb 2004, 10:44
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we would like to see the pilots who fly visually, integrated into the system. And at the moment, the pilots who fly visually are virtually excluded from the communications system and we would like to see that changed back to a system where they can access the system easily and (inaudible).
I thought that is what AOPA wanted, that is for the VFR's to fly around not getting clearances and not having to talk to those pesky controllers. I was led to believe by all those Pro-NAS supporters (who magically disappeared after the first near miss), that they didn't want to have to monitor ATC frequencys and put up with all those irrelevant calls. Well you got what you asked for, yet now you'd like to be welcomed back into the fold. Here is an idea, to allow you to be integrated into the system properly, how about making it a requirement, to make one initial call on ATC frequency on entering and leaving Class E airspace, and if in Radar coverage, a compulsory Mode C check would help as well. Just a thought, although I can't see AOPA supporting that one.

Agree with Ferris, the surf is non-existent here, but damn the weather is good!!!! And no E airspace or Dick Biscuits over here!!!