PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capers in Cameroon
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2004, 06:13
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure I know the company you're talking about becaus there only have 2 in Cameroon who have helicopters and it's not French.
This particular indivaidual has a reputation as being unfair, hard and biased. How does his boss allow this to happen? Maytbe its because he has allowed his great management skills to see his company to have fallen to one third of what it had in Cameroon 3 years ago. I expect the new owners of the company will be taking a long hard look at things like this.
Maybe its time somebody asked Exxon how people who don't really meet up with its Captain requirements are flying as captains for it? If any of the people who he has fired think they have a real case they should sue the company for constructive dismissal. However I know this is often difficult for people working on dodgy contracts for companies who are not the actual companies contracted. i.e. I know that for Bristow pilots in Africa they work for British Island Airways (Guernsey) and Schreiner pilots have to transfer to APRAM. Even these contracts are often easily exposed in European and American courts as the phonies they are to try and deprive pilots (and engineers) of their legal rights when they are working for European (and American) companies overseas. All those pilots working for Bristow in Nigeria and who were recently laid off because they were over the age of 57 at the instence of Mobil should consider a class action against either Bristow or OLOG or Mobil in the American, European or International courts and see what happens. After all,\Nigerian law currently permits pilolts to fly until the age of 65 and companies like Exxon/Mobil cannot be allowed to arbitrarily impose their own rules for no good reason,\ at almost no notice, on sovereign states like Nigeria. One wonders why the Nigerian government has done/said nothing exceptr if it is acting in collusion with big oil companies and against its own laws!