PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline owned Flightschools
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2004, 02:20
sharksucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Air France

Air France run their own programm as well like LH.
But there are two things they make life for you much harder then applying to LH;
first of all you have to be french nationality, or speak french as your mother tongue, and of course, there is also a way in, even when you did your training somewhere else; but according what I was told from others (never checked this, cause my french is anyway to weak to work for them..), you have to do the whole training again with their school!
There are a lot of major airlines running their own cadetpilot programms, like Cathay, Air Nigeria, South African, Ethiopian, Air China, Thai Airways and so on. But for most of them you have to be a national one...
So, if you want to do it via an Airline, have a look in Europe (Germany or U.K., I donīt think you will get a chance somewhere else..) or if you had a green card for US; saw recently some interesting stuff , where you have to pay for your training, but in the end its less then in Europe, and they will finally offer you a job with their regional airline..

Sorry, that I couldnīt help you on that..