PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascoteers Multiple Choice
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2004, 19:58
Army Mover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are the captain of a VC-10, on finals into Namao. It is a beautiful summer day, not a cloud in the sky, not a breath of wind. Everything required to onmove both the passengers, the freight and the priority 1 red-star consignments on board was on the ground waiting. Do you:

a. Land the aircraft and taxi around to the pan to offload your passengers etc; or,
b. Fly down the runway and at the end hang a left to the International airport at Edmonton.

As the ATLO at Edmonton at the time, I've always been puzzled by this little lapse in directional functionality. The RAF det commander (good old Gordon) was quite non-plussed. The OC of the muppets on board (Gibson?) was quite apoplectic that the on-load wasn't at the airfield waiting for him and his team to load it (neither was he or the loadie impressed when told that they wouldn't get the baggage until the next day either).

So, come on, you know who you are. I was the guy on the pan throwing his hat at your departing shadow. You didn't tell the passengers either (my wife was with you - you took off from Brize with her in the jump seat !!!).