PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI / Thomson buy Coventry Airport
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2004, 17:45
volrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a lot of jobs are riding on this event and I do worry that TUI are jumping out of the pan into the fire...
Coventry has nothing really going for it. Lousy roads, try that A45!!! No parking no terminal no facilities and an airfield littered with carcasses and wrecks! no taxiway, aircraft back tracking on a small runway. The list is no doubt longer than this. However they have sold a lot of tickets but how many people will book again when they cant park, cant get a drink and end up in a porta loo as if they were at some sunday car boot market! I find it amazing that TUI are willing to invest in this rundown airport that has sadly no future when within spitting distance you have two well established full featured International Airports?
Sadly I cant see anything positive out of this. If as suggested its a "nail in the coffin of MyTravel" then what will TUI do if that company does cut its losses and stops?? Will they do to Coventry what BMW did to Rover group?? Run to BHX and leave Coventry to rot even more??
Love to see the faces of the passengers as the 737 passes by the rotting remains of the Electras and other wrecks on the airfield that will inspire confidence...not!