PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever flew with Royal Aero Club Of WA?
Old 20th Feb 2004, 14:53
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Azimuth, I was a member there for a while (only because I could pay for the membership fees and save a bit, on the difference on the members/nonmembers hirage rate of their multis) and I can tell you some horror stories about them. they have a reputation for swapping instructors on the students far to regularly and one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing most of the time. they slow a students progress considerably by doing this. I know a bird that had done thirty two hours without going first solo. she moved to the place I was working for at the time and soloed within her first hour. and I have many tales very similar to this one.
I did up to my RPPL (GFPT) with them along time ago, as well as my low level and a couple of multi's, and found when working with the more experianced instructors, all was very good. but I have had a few check rides in aircraft with instructors there that really shouldnt be flying. (I even had to teach one of them how to do a wheeler type landing when he was checking me out in the Dh82a, because he had never been shown how to do it...... and I had to pay for the privelage).
All in all, they have exelant facilities and a generally good instructor base, but also have the BIG SCHOOL, pilot factory, mentality.