PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2004, 09:32
Foreign Worker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Would I be correct in assuming that you are looking at the First Officer position with Air Hong Kong, Captain Kaboom?

From the material I have seen, signed by Ron Davies, it would appear to me that the money, even for a "Senior Captain", falls well short of what an expatriate from a developed Western country would need, to lead any semblance of the life he has in his own country.
Having said that, it may well suit some Singaporeans, Malaysians, or other Asians. This is in NO way meant to be construed as a racist comment, but merely a factual observation that the Republic of Singapore is an Asian country, with a majority of the population being Chinese, and a lesser mix of Indians and Malays and other races.

On the AHK topic, the information offered is EXTREMELY evasive and non-specific, eg. in terms of basic salary, medical coverage, overtime rates, basic monthly hours, minimum days off.
Additionally, there is 3 year bond, in spite of the fact that you are on a reduced salary from the beginning.
"Fools rush in..."