PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Forsyth resigns, NAS where to from here?
Old 20th Feb 2004, 07:55
separator
A river to my people

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capcom,
Last night I steeled myself and had a look at the Hansard report of Senate Estimates where Bernie, sundry CASA, ATSB and DoTaRS suits were weaving their magic with smoke and mirrors.

Quite a bit of political byplay was going on, especially over the LT incident, with some of the questioning apparently deliberately going well wide of the mark.

I have just seen "Voices of Reason"s view of the transcripts and he/she/they raise some valid points about training.

The URL is below and you need to go to Page 52 to commence, and it goes for about 40 pages from memory.

http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/senate/commttee/S7315.pdf

It seemed to me that there was more ar$e-covering going on than you would find in a bum-kicking contest in a nudist colony.

From what I could make of Bernie's press release the stage is being set to allow the whole thing to slip onto the backburner so as to avoid too much immediate scrutiny and the inevitable "Well we warned you" from all those that the Minister slagged off.

Even the highly esteemed R. Dudley appears to have gone quiet, which is most unusual, considering that he is the one wheeled out to accuse Civilair of everything from square-dancing in a roundhouse to the murder of Rasputin along with being the cause of "The End of Civilisation, As We Know It".

Once again the "Enfant Terrible" DS appears to have urgent business elsewhere. Possibly a charity is to suddenly benefit from his kindness, to be duly noted by an adoring media. Undoubtedly it will be both a magnificent and magnanimous gesture.

I suppose that is the way the biscuit crumbles.

sep