PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agencies- when it goes quiet
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2004, 02:01
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts
The comments regarding the species known as "Recruitment Consultants" are simply the tip of the iceberg. Given that the sector is unregulated --please--no "Code of Conduct" or "Best Practice" etc in mitigation because this would simply be yet another fallacy--anybody can become one and start an agency. It speaks volumes for the general indifference of the HR sector-or maybe not-that organisations are only too willing to subcontract out the recruitment process to a strata of society that occupies a level slightly lower than vermin. My own experience with these parasites is that most have NO idea about Aviation in any form--they simply look for keywords on the CV / Job Spec. I have dealt with 3 about whom I could say they were professional and business like and with whom I could do business again. The rest, considerably more than 3, were simply inane as were the staff. E.G. " you are a terribly good fit for the role--OH ! --it says here you have a Degree--but you were ONLY an Airman in the RAF--sorry--teensy, weensy weaky poohs on the prodgy wodgy management skills I feel--speak again--soops" Translate that into English !--another, "Theeneor conthultunt ( girlie about 20 at a guess) who tells me that it is "very important to have qualifications and expereince in Aviation--and do you have ANY NVQ's at all?" As the answer is no--she informs me she cannot put me forward for the role ! Then there was the one who sent me for a position that was not even my area--and it was all my fault!--the one who said she had never heard of a Licence and I was the 10th person to contact her--and why did we all persist in doing so when the Licence did not exist!--the one who told me to relocate to Lincs--as it was a rural area--cheap-and I could commute to Coventry every day with no problem !--Many of the job adverts they produce display an atrocious level of illiteracy and thus no credibility. I wonder just how much damage these morons do to peoples opportunities and why "managers" persist in using agencies other than to abrogate their own responsibilities. I also wonder if the new, or proposed, age discrimination bill will include agencies who already seem to practice the concept of age discrimination as a matter of policy. Any self centric recruitment "consultant" care to comment--other than to tell us all how wonderful he / she is ??