PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi mass exodus
Thread: bmi mass exodus
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2004, 22:37
Tony_EM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I joined British Midland, it was with the intention of helping to make it the best airline in the business (amongst other reasons of course). So it really saddens me to see so many people feeling this way about bmi.

The problem has long been; a bunch of managers that have deluded themselves about their capabilities and their effect on the company. Generally, by only promoting only like-minded individuals has allowed them to perpetuate their pathetic delusions.

When something good happens, its because of their great management, when something bad happens, they have been let down by their staff.

They know how to pay lip service to all the right things like safety, proffessionalism, service standards, devotion to duty and any other cliche that comes upon their lonely brain cells, but in truth, they completely fail to live up to the demands they place on their staff.

Without respect for the leadership, the company only runs on the integrity of the workforce, which it does DESPITE management and thier ego-masaging petty exploits.

Why are we all worried about a buyer selling off bmi's assets when bmi has been doing this for years.

And BTW gmidc;
With all due respect, it's interference from Lufthansa and SAS that is holding back the group.
Without LH and SK covering the huge losses that bmi incur each year, 'the group' would have folded a long time ago. I would worry if they try to wriggle out of their arrangement if I were you. The fact that they have been bailing bmi out has given them leverage to "interfere", but this is only becaquse of bmi's weak performance.

The slots are not just assets, they are licenses to make money if only someone could get rid of the ignorant and nasty parasites that are running the show. When you have a situation where 1 check-in agent has more qualifications than her 3 duty controllers, 2 line managers and station manager put together, you know something is less than not right.