PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Job Hunting
Thread: GA Job Hunting
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2004, 20:39
Continental-520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Garrisson,

If you've got some chopper time and you're a CPL standard in that as well as fixed wing, you'd be a hit in Kunnunurra, I reckon, cause they operate both, and you'd be one of very few "low timers" who could do more than the average for them (Slingair). I think the Helicopter chapter is called Heliwork or something similar.

Otherwise, Nick Walsh is the CP of King Leopold Air in Broome. My understanding is that he prefers to be contacted by searching pilots on Friday afternoons on the office phone line (...maybe someone can confirm this?). They operate C210 x 5 and C206 x 1. Scenic and charter. Minimums around 250 - 300 total I believe with 20 command on C206/C210 and an "F" class drivers licence.

That last one really gets me. When I was up there 2yrs ago looking for a start I couldn't be hired because of the requirement to drive pax around (therefore needing the "F" class licence). I had to be 21 to get this, and I was 18 at the time.

Now, with 900hrs and a MECIR I still can't be hired to drive a C210 for them cause I can't drive a bus. Is flying safer than driving or what?

Good luck mate, enjoy your travels.