PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please dont get cross with me I didnt tell u to park there
Old 19th Feb 2004, 16:14
Goldfish Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rhodie

Agree with you about the press - pity they got the place wrong. Well maybe we should put this forum to more use and get more miles out of the press. (Take the Pilots out of PPrune and put in press!!). Ps whoever reads this from the press - the parking problems are not at Joberg but elsewhere - now READ CAREFULLY IN FUTURE

Shame poor old BA - they are obviously the target of the month - they had to sit on Tues morning and wait for about 15 mins for a gate here as well!!!!! (Or maybe it was ACSA striking back at BA!!)

Sorry to hear about your fees from ACSA, but it does not surprise me in the least. They have to be the most incompetent company I have EVER dealt with and they clearly have no clue what they are doing. They never miss an opportunity to charge anyone for anything - no wonder they make such massive profits.

What they should be doing it focusing their attention on customer delivery and satisfaction. The shambles on the apron is one of the main reasons for aircraft delays - it happens every day that aircraft are delayed and we have to take the rap, but it is not us - it is the zoo operator. They put aircraft next to each other on the apron all with the same EOBT and then expect us to manage miracles and get them all moving at the same time. I tell you ATNS should take over the apron allocation and then things will go much more smoother. (I hope - colleagues take note here is a challenge!!)

A little bit of pre-planning is all that is required and a bit of logic - which is something that is clearly lacking there.

I wonder if the ACSA management know that aircraft use their property and what they do there? It appears to me they would rather be riping off the customer and general public with exhorbatent fees than making sure the aircraft can move around the airport - after all if it was not for the aircraft they would not have the fancy buildings with the fancy shops and the fancy prices and the fancy profits.

I always laugh at their annual Feather awards - when they hand out these fancy awards to their customers for service delivery, etc etc - they should also hold an annual raspberry and toffee award and they would win it themselves every year!!!!!