PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald latest??
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2004, 15:30
Civil Servant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Dada is all that is espoused here, however, you have to admit that what he writes here is what most people who work/have worked there think about the way it is run. It's just a shame he can't put into real words his feelings and reasons. Mind you, years of juggling crews/broken aircraft and commercial stabbing the program in the back every 5 mins has probably melted his language chip beyond recognition.

Nothing seems to have changed. I haven't been there for many years now and count myself extremely lucky to have escaped. If dada has indeed warned people of this situation then management, especially very senior management, are unlikely to have listened as they just don't want to know. Never did and never will. Unlike big D, I will give a f'rinstance. Take the day the commercial manager came up to ops one afternoon and asked if there was any chance we could do a trip. Can't remember exactly where but somewhere in Norway rings a bell. After crewing and ops and everyone had a good look at the rosta it was decided we just had no way we could do it and still protect the flypro for the next couple of days. This was duly reported to him along with the reasons. Five mins later up he pops and tells us thet the trip is on and he knows we will somehow get a crew together and make the flypro work as well. We did the usual and begged, borrowed, offered extra days off etc and smartly moved the problem a couple of days to the right as usual, lest ops be in the dwang again with "he who must be obeyed" and be called the shower of stuff that dada keeps saying the place is.

It's not going to change until something drastic happens and that will be a crying shame as there are/were good people working there who are/were totally unappreciated and frequently abused both literally and verbally.

I know it's unpopular to agree with dada, but they really are the shower he suggests.

I'll take my pill now and I'm sure I'll feel better soon!