PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What can a Massey Graduate do with his/her degree if......
Old 19th Feb 2004, 03:19
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
it's known that the course is very integrated and professional!
... ummm ... no, it isn't.

I don't know if you are already a graduate or just considering training but you can rest assured that Massey are the laughing stock of the NZ flight training industry. Their training standards are so poor that their graduates' CVs are routinely binned by many entry level NZ operators without even bothering to read them.

I presume by the fact that you're even posting on the 'far east' forum and asking these type of questions, that you've been reading some glossy drivel from the Massey marketing machine.

You won't get a jet job in the far east, the middle east or the near east with a Massey degree ... or anywhere else for that matter. The sad truth is that a 200 hour pilot from any training establishment has virtually no chance of getting even an entry level piston-twin type flying job within NZ.

If I could give one piece of advice to anyone considering flight training in NZ then it would be train ANYWHERE except Massey, because you will waste 3 years and 100 grand and render yourself all but unemployable at the end of it. If you don't believe me then take this simple test - head over to your local airport, stick your head into any crew room and ask the first pilots you see what their opinion of Massey pilots is. PM me for specific info, or heading over to the D & G forums and asking some hard questions would be a good idea too.