PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Plans Mumbai, Shanghai Services
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2004, 19:24
Left2primary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q-Tee,

towards the end of their run those Bombay shuttles out of Singapore were highly sought after.

Sure, they were hard work, but they paid well and because they were high density afforded plenty of time at home.

Anyone who couldnt handle the demands of the passengers sadly hadn't worked out yet, that as a FA it is far easier just to say "yes".

{you know the deal- we give stuff away, that isn't ours and all we have to do is smile when we do it, HELLO???}

IMHO the trips when they do start will be, if not "senior", still very hard to get.
I still have vivid memories that are 15 years old of one of the most amazing places imaginable.

The colour , the life, the humanity and sheer shock value of a way of life that is far removed from ours.
Did I mention the food????????? Incredible, I can still taste it now.

BTW, our friends that think the path to happiness is through the attainment of material wealth might benefit from spending some time there.

I remember three or four of us being chased home after dinner by two young beggars one night. It was raining and these two were black with dirt and filth.

The hosties were screaming as we ran for a cab with the beggars in hot pursuit. We dived into the back just in time with the two beggars roaring their heads off with laughter as the door slammed and we drove off.

For them it was just a game. They thought it was the funniest thing and so did we.

Only the shallowest individual could leave without being moved in some way. But I digress, sorry............Bring it on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cabin Secure,

at the moment Australian Airlines operate the 767 using a 2 pilot operation. As yet they have no second officers.

Flight duty limitations with a 2 pilot operation limit tours of duty to 8 hours or less which means unless this policy changes AA are out as far as these two ports are concerned.

Even if the 767 was to operate these sectors ex Syd I think that they would have to be weight restricted?

Given that QF have invested heavily in the freight side of the business in Shanghai the operation of the 767 on this route clearly doesn't make sense.

Andrea Staines was asked last year to report to GD on the feasability of a long range AC for AA but all has been quiet on that front.

QF has plenty on its plate at the moment with all the Jetstar A320 purchases, [6?] more second hand Jumbos for QF [To be QF skybed reconfigured], taking up the A330 options, 737 800s for shorthaul plus the A380 on its way that I think even GD knows his limits.

BTW, Senior QF management have indicated that the QF group have lost plenty of market share on the Japan route to ANA and JAL since our low cost cousins took over most of the flying.

Rumblings are that the Red Rat may be returning on some of the runs to try and help stem this flow.